A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[MMF2] MOO object, or something to do online work

Hez

Does anyone out there have a proper tutorial on how to use the MOO object, or something like it? Basically...I want to get Sonic Classic (my fan-game) to work two player online. It may not be possible, but if it is, it would be pretty bitchin. I somehow got split screen working in one frame, so all I really need is something that can send one player/two player controls through the net.

Anyone have any ideas?

Yep, but unless you wanted me to bumb over a year old topic, I figured I'd ask again. Since a lot of things can change over a year.

And yeah, I already have seen that tutorial. I was asking for a more...complex guide I guess. If anyone had an MFA/CCA, that would be nice as well.

This tutorial was good enough for me to start making online mode. I can't understand why don't you like it, it's compex enough. Maybe you don't understand basics of MMF? In this case you should learn MMF first.

And btw don't use MOO, use OINC. OINC is basically the same as MOO but less laggy & buggy.

You can download the extension and examples here

This tutorial was good enough for me to start making online mode. I can't understand why don't you like it, it's compex enough. Maybe you don't understand basics of MMF? In this case you should learn MMF first.

And btw don't use MOO, use OINC. OINC is basically the same as MOO but less laggy & buggy.

You can download the extension and examples here

Don't know MMF? Hah...you probably don't know who I am. I've been around for a while son, I know my shit.

EDIT: Fuck that was insulting to me, I made tutorials in 1998 ass, don't ever say I don't know my shit.

Of course I don't know a person with 32 posts. Why are you so aggressive?

I just said that this tutorial is good enough for understanding online stuff.

But most likely you won't be able to make a good online game since MOO is an unfinished extension.

• 2 weeks later...
I have 1 idea that don't use MOO or ONIC or anything, but I cant figure it out...but im close!

A game that doesn't use MOO or OINC in MMF2? Then it's not an online game. Or am I confusing something here?