A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dobermann's Sonic fangames

DPJ93

Hey. I've been searhing around like crazy to find Dobermann's Sonic3Dengine for MMF. But I haven't found any downloads anywhere.

So, first. I am fully aware of the rule against asking for the source of a game. But since this WAS released as open source back in 2006, this post should not be against the rules.

So, do you remember this? Do you still have this Sonic3Dengine on your computer? Or you know someone who's got it? Please upload it to somewhere and give a link to it. I'd be very thankful, as I am collecting on all of Dobermann's creations. The newest version of the MMF engine that was released was "Sonic3DengineV3".

Also, I'm looking for Sonic 3D Remix too.. If you've got this on your computer, please upload it and post the download link here. ;)

And yes, I am sure that a beta of Sonic 3D Remix was released.

Hm... A long time ago, Dobermann also made a 2D Sonic game... I don't know much about this. Have you got it? Let me know :P

Also, for your notice. I have asked Dobermann about the open source version and Sonic 3D Remix, but he doesn't have this on his computer anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Were you the same guy that left me a message on youtube?

If so, I believe I told you I didn't have it, but I think I actually still do have my mod of Dobermann's old opensource 3D engine. It's just more than likely that I dumped it in a junk folder after mmf1.5 went kaput on me.

If you're still interested, let me know and I can search around for it.

@Eminence: Same. i-i I still remember having fun with his engine way back when until frustration from bad frame rates stopped me, hahah. I never see Dobermann anymore though now-a-days, so seeing those threads is almost nostalgic.

@LarkSS, yeah, I'm that guy who left you a message on youtube.

Sure, if you've got enough spare time to search around for the game you were making out of it, I'd be happy. :)

About Dobermann, well... He's been working on Halo Zero 2 all since the days he was on these forums... But now he's stopped working because he got a huge bill because of too much usage of bandwich on his website... And the Sonic Xtreme Remix level editor, well, he quite recently checked it out, but it didn't work anymore. (Maybe because he's now using Windows Vista?).

His latest website is still up for a little more while though: http://DobEntertainment.net

http://larkss.thisisourcorner.net/files/FreeSonic.zip

Took a bit of digging before I found it in a zip called Data, hahah.

This is a mod of the V2 engine iirc, with additional things I added like water, realtime lighting (and homing attack?). I stopped working on it because of the lag that rapidly spurred, especially on the old computer I'm using. Then of course MMF1.5 stopped working and I guess I threw it into the depths of my harddrive.

Also, you should tell Dobermann to check out Servage.net.

Okay, thanks! I'll check it out. :P

Dobermann already gave up... He said to me he would never make a new site with his own domain.. So if he at some point get time to, he'll put up a portfolio or something at his old site "dobermann47.free.fr" Also, I haven't seen him on msn for.. like a month.

Yay, I just recieved Sonic 3D Remix.. I searched around, found a youtube video of that game which was no longer there, sent a message to that guy and he uploaded it :P This is nice..

But, well, if anyone has got the sonic3DengineV3, please upload it and post a link.. Thanks! :)

Edit: Sonic 3D Remix beta can be downloaded here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/12/21/2232494/Sonic%203D%20Remix.zip