A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

baddie creation.

gryrozx

Well, here are the basics I try to keep in mind when making my Badniks, and that way you'll be able to program the basics of a Badnik every time.

1) When the player overlaps it when "M" Attacking = 1, is it destroyed?

2) When it's destroyed, does it go through the regular destruction routine? (explosion sound plays, explosion is created (0,0) from the Badnik, is there a score counter to keep in mind, will Flickies appear from the Badnik.... most of this stuff can be explained in the latest edition of Worlds)

3) Does the Badnik have a hazard to watch out for? (spikes, fire, projectiles, etc.)

4) How will the Badnik move? (i.e. if it bounces, I'd suggest looking at the movements of the Flickies for inspiration; if it moves around on the ground, look at Crabmeat's movements)

5) Will the Badnik have preset movement limits or will the boundaries be created manually? (Buzz Bomber has a preset limit -- when one of its values reaches a certain number, it changes direction; but if you want to set the limit so that each Badnik changes direction when they hit an invisible wall, create that "wall" for the Badnik to collide with and make sure it stays hidden in-game)

6) When you're invincible, is the Badnik destroyed when the player overlaps it and "O" Invincibility = 1?

7) When the Badnik is destroyed by jumping on it, does the character rise into the air a little?

These are all the basics I can think of so far for creating Badniks. Hope this was helpful. :)