A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 3D emerald hunt [UPDATED]

Also, selecting tails and knuckles didn't work for me, but they did before. Are they not implemented in this demo, or is it just my 3-4 year old laptop?

yeah I noticed that, (fixed it on the YYG one but since the old one is still active and sonic is the only person I ever play as I don't feel the need to update imediatally.

Also, working on backing up scripts. You may notice that the back key has deceleration but I just need to tweak it so there is a negative speed cap AND a positve one.

Also that turning sprite jump: I found it pratical as it shows more to your right when turning right and the same for left, that way you see where your going a bit better. But, yes, it would be better if I smoothed out that transition, along with creating accelerating turning for better control.

• 1 month later...
You know, if all else fails, maybe you could do the lighting by making some of the textures dark/bright and place them in a way that simulates a shading effect.

yeah, that's kinda what doom/duke3d did and worked pretty well

You know, if all else fails, maybe you could do the lighting by making some of the textures dark/bright and place them in a way that simulates a shading effect.

that's not a bad idea actually. And I did have some lighting in...but since gamemaker's 3D graphics are crap (yay 16bit?!?*),...it made my computer lag so i figured it would be best to remove it.

(*its in the GM7 manual...meaning the sega 32X is supeior...although resolution on GM7 is unlimited)