A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need help embedding a sensor

You know how there are a bunch of sensors hidden inside Sonic, right? Well, I want to make something like that for enemies, so when the player collides with an enemy's certain sensor, they would take damage.

The only problem is I don't know how to embed a sensor inside an enemy. I've looked all over the web for tutorials, but couldn't find anything. I would really like help with this, as I've been at this for four days and can't figure out how to make this work.

Well, Blue Emerald, about sensors for enemies... The best way to do that is activating them when you get closer. If you aren't close to any enemy, you should probably destroy them... or put them ar 0,0 relative to Sonic (without colliding with the mask)... or just put them outside of the play area [be careful with active objects' deactivation].

About the rest, ya know what you should do.

(I'm talking about only for collisions sonic x enemy sensor. Don't expect any success by using this on an enemy movement.)

(I'm talking about only for collisions sonic x enemy sensor. Don't expect any success by using this on an enemy movement.)

Well, that's what I wanted to do: make a sensor that moves with the enemy. For example, making a sensor for a spiky enemy so that Sonic can only take damage from the spikes, but can damage everywhere else. Take the spiky crab Badnik from Sonic 1 as an example; you couldn't hit it on the spikes, but you could jump on its head and claws.