A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Reshuffled: Battle for the Chaos Emeralds

Guest SuperCragus

Guest SuperCragus

Hi,

i'm new to this forum, but not to the World of Sonic that's for sure!

I'm Craig Sonic Plested (a.k.a SuperCragus) i'm 26 years old and I do a bit of programming with Microsoft Visual Basic.

For the last three years I have been developing & building my first Sonic Fan Game called "Sonic Reshuffled: Battle for the Chaos Emeralds", it is loosely based on Sonic Shuffle. I submitteded the game a few weeks back, but have not had any feedback yet. I'm egar to see if others like it. It is avaliable in the my projects section of my website if anyone is interested: <http://www.supercragus.co.uk> the site isn't finished in most places but there is however, lots of other exclusive Sonic downloads avaliable!

I hope you have enjoyed Sonic's 15th Birthday!

SuperCragus

Guest SuperCragus

admitadly it wasn't the best option to use the advance sprites, which is why i isolated them to the mini events only. The two different sprite styles never actually mix!

Guest SuperCragus

There is a slight problem with the amount of visual basic timers on some PC's. I had this problem part way through the development, my solution was to force the code to unload all timers as they are done because my pc could only handle about 8 running timers at any one time.

The No Timer Avaliable would show when:

The computer that the game is running on isn't powerfull enough (not enough memory or processor power). - make sure all other programs are closed (where possible) and try again.

I'll look into it a bit more and get you a better solution if possible! Thanks for playing! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SuperCragus

Ok! I haven't found a solution to this, so i am going to re-release the game with less running timers. I'll need a couple of weeks to do it though! in the mean time why not enjoy the mini games that i am revising and releasing as seperate files. They are avaliable in the "My Projects/Sonc Reshuffled" section of my website if anyone is interested: <http://www.supercragus.co.uk>

(I have done games 1-18. Game 19-40 will be avaliabe within the next couple of months!)