A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Half Life Movie? This is close enough for now...

Super Napalm

Holy crap! Not bad for $500. Definitely not bad. I know other YouTube productions that have raised more money than this and haven't produced anything close to this quality. I think some of the big production studios could learn from this. And is it just me, or do FPS games, of all the game genres, make the best movies? (Although I heard Max Payne was terrible.)

The Purchase Brothers are quite effective as an indie studio, especially when they can produce something as high-quality as this. Kudos to them; they need to stick to this as a career.

Biggest problem with most fan films is that most people that do them don't know anything about making a movie, I think these guys work on commercials for a living (Or other film related stuffs). So while this is a fan film, it is done by professionals- or rather those more schooled in the ways of filmmaking (Making something good on a shoestring budget isn't that easy).

Not to take anything away from it though, it's really well done. The headcrab zombies in the preview for the next one looked kinda cheap but I still can't wait for the next one.

Well when you figure in that they didn't need to pay anyone and most likely have all the equipment(And Knowledge), most if not all of their budget probably went to props and food.

Mainsteam movies only cost so much because of having to pay highly for all the talent involved (Basically anyone working on the movie at all) and the Marketing (Really big part of it).

So yeah a few hundred dollars more and they could up the ante.

• 2 weeks later...