A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help with MMF2?

Ratchet

To be more specific than the topic title, I need help with animating of the sprites.

I need to know how to make the walking/running animation start when it's supposed to, etc...

Anyone able to help? If a Newbie's able to put Rep up...I'll put it up for the best help.

Differentiating between Walking and Running is controlled by the value of the action states machine (requiring the use of the default action particularly) and the primary speed value (for determining speed parallel to the ground angle).

Check the animations section of the event viewer and it should be pretty obvious.

• Like 1

I'll check it. If I find it, you'll receive the Rep point immediately...

EDIT: Okay, found. Another one goes to whoever can tell me how to turn a set of images into an MMF2 Document so I can import them all onto there...I know, I'm new to this stuff, kinda stupid...

Well...it's not that...It's kinda hard for me to explain...

I know how to put the images into there, but going back to my last question, I don't know how I could...I'll use an example.

Say I'm using a Sonic Advance 3 Spritesheet.

I'll guess that to use the idle pose, I simply make a GIF of it.

But then, I don't know how I'd link that to the running, jumping, etc.

The easier way would be to paste the animations right into MMF. You can clone a frame of animation and then put the next frame. And then in the events editor you can change animations if you're not using default MMF movements. Did I understand you now?

• Like 1