A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[MMF2]3D Mesh Extension ~ need help D:

luksamuk

Well guys, since I'm doing an "around-the-world" game, I thought about putting a SU styled world map, I mean, the Earth, using 3D Mesh object.

I've asked a friend about doing the mesh for me, everything's ok at now. But, when I tried to put it using the 3D Mesh extension for MMF2, it just... don't appear! I also tried to load it in runtime, but I coudn't....

Can anyone help me saying what to do exactly? D:

Well guys, since I'm doing an "around-the-world" game, I thought about putting a SU styled world map, I mean, the Earth, using 3D Mesh object.

I've asked a friend about doing the mesh for me, everything's ok at now. But, when I tried to put it using the 3D Mesh extension for MMF2, it just... don't appear! I also tried to load it in runtime, but I coudn't....

Can anyone help me saying what to do exactly? D:

Did you make sure the coordinates (position, size, etc) of the world sphere (in the mesh) are the correct ones?

Don't think so. As I said, a friend did it for me.

But early I've done a sphere mesh by myself in Anim8or to put it on the app, and the same problem. Don't think coordinates and size are a problem. Everything's ok in the Mesh....

...is there any other form to put a 3D mesh on my app? D:

Meh, the world mesh is in .obj format.

Okay and do you know what the origin point of this model is? It's the 3D equivalent of a hot spot, for simplicity. If it's directly in the center of your mesh then it should show up fine (you may need to fiddle with the zoom), otherwise the displacement may be causing trouble.

If you're still having trouble, PM me the model file and I'll see what I can do for you.