A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Is MMF 1.5 compatible with Vista?

TRD

*Rises from the dead*

So yea, I just got this new computer a month and ago decided for no reason to install my MMF crap on it. I installed MMF 1.5, but for some reason it won't run. Like it stops loading up the plugins (kcprint.cox for example) and then it doesn't respond anymore. I tried removing the plugin to see if that was the only problem, but apparently it hates anything with the letters "kc" in it and perhaps ".cox".

So it begs the question; Is MMF 1.5 compatible with Vista? Or do I need some sort of patch? For those wondering why I'm still using 1.5, I like its object editor compared to MMF2's bullshit version.

Thanks in advanced, and Happy New year.

Object editor? Y'mean the Animation editor? 1.5's was a pain... Anyway, goin' on the matter:

MMF1.5 works in Vista, but you need to take care of a few things.

http://theclickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=118231#Post118231

Take out the Quicktime extensions, jus' send them to the Recycle bin or move them out of the exts folder.

Also, if you tried using Vista's 'Compatibility mode', try turning it off. Until now, that option only caused crashes to me, while turning it off caused the game/program to run perfectly, heh...

• Like 1