A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Time Travel?

Using the tile_layer_hide( depth) and tile_layer_show( depth) functions along with the instance instance_deactivate_object( obj) and instance_activate_object(obj) functions, it's very simple to switch between time zones (you'd just have four or six layers of tiles and objects: foreground and background for each of past, present, future, etc). The hard part is designing a level with multiple time zones. Game Maker's level editor is not designed for making multi-layered levels. That's one of Game Maker's level editor's many falling points.

I would just use global variables as Power mentioned. Would be a bit of a pain with remembering what enemies were destroyed and rings collected x_x... perhaps a script that saves an array of all of these things globally and then loads them/edits when an object with that ID is affected? x_x.

(btw I've never played the SCD game so I wouldnt know what Time Travel effects : P)