A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My mouse pointer keeps screwing up. Help?

Aaron C-T

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I doubt anyone here has more than marginal experience with any Tablet PCs... much less specific ones. In the 5 months I was using a Tablet myself (an HP one), I never encountered a problem like the one you are describing.

And the only similar experiences I've had with my normal PCs is with cheap laser/optical mice jumping like that... though they don't default to any particular location. Since it is a particular location, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it has to do with the tablet interface.

I had something similar happen to be before, but it was with my laptop's mouse and not a tablet pc. =/ Is there any kind of configuration option that lets you re-adjust your stylus with your tablet pc perhaps?

Also, I believe Streak has a tablet pc, and though I'm not sure if he had it long, he may be able to help.

This happened to me too not too long ago, on a HP like DW though.

Look into your screen calibration. For some reason, standby has this amazing effect to fug up any tablet pc at one stage or another.

I changed my screen calibration and it stopped for a while. If not a cure-all, maybe it'll just be a nice band-aid.

tbh, i don't think this has anything to do with it being a tablet. this shit just happens. there is a small chance it's some sort of malware, but since it only happens when you come out of standby i doubt it.

try reinstalling your mouse/pointer/touchpad/whatever drivers. anything that may control the cursor. if that doesn't work.. i'll try to think of something else. lol.