A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I Need Advice Learning The Basics

giglamesh

After my fangame sonic mix crashed and burned in SAGE, i need help.

So i am looking for a place where i can learn the basics of MMF2, explained with no jargon.

so that the advice can help me to create things such as bosses and better game stages.

Define Jargon. If by jargon, you mean people speaking in terms of programming, then I don't think you'll ever be able to accomplish what you want to do here. However, if you are willing to suffer through a little reality, you might consider paying a little attention to the assistance forum and the main page.

Jeez, Ayling, have you never heard of "form after function?"

He was using worlds and had a test act.

Also-

and better game stages.

His level design was not bad, but the graphics kinda ruined it.

screen%201.bmp

And it really depends on how in-depth you're willing to go, gilgamesh. DW or Dami can explain Sonic Worlds, but you need to know some programming terms.

Um, MMF2 wasn't the problem. No offense, but you need better graphics first.

...How the fuck is that going to help him if hes asking how to use the program?

If you want to learn MMF2 well, you need to start with perhaps static or pixel and work your way up. You can very much so start from Worlds, but building your way up through the problems and shit that MMF2 throws at you seriously will make you feel the program better. There are some errors/issues that just cant be worked around unless you know how MMF processes information.

So, my advice is to go to the main site and start learning the basics from the engines already on the site.

Also, the Daily Click is a great place to learn neat functions of the program. And when all else fails, please use the Help file.

I agree with Serephim. Sonic Worlds is a cunning thing. It looks like a newbie-friendly engine, which solves all the problems for you, but actually it's not quite right. It doesn't actually explain how it works (Despite Dami & DW comment each step). You can use it as constructor and make levels using already included in the Worlds gimmicks but it will be REALLY hard to implement something new, something yours into the game.