A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I have a question

Rawr

Okay, umm, first off I'm really sorry if I am violating any of the boards rules by doing this. I checked the rules and stuff, so hopefully this is in the right spot. If not could someone please move it ^^; Thanks in advance.

Anyway, I'm trying to implement Knuckles into the Sonic worlds engine (because I honestly can't program at all, so I figured I'd use this engine to maybe learn), but I have no clue where to actually start. At first I tried to make Tails' fly actions work more like a glide, but I can't actually get them to replicate the actual feel of the gliding that Knuckles had. He turns too slowly and falls to fast etc...and it really isn't a proper glide considering I'm using the flying actions and all. Unless maybe I was on the right track and I didn't realize it heh.

Would I have to create a new variable (or whatever the actions are called...I'm really sorry, I'm new to all this)?

I know there are a couple on the main site that are Knuckles tutorials, but I'm not sure if any of them are good or not. So I was wondering if anybody has a good Knuckles tutorial for me to learn from, or could point me in the direction of one. I just want to see how his gliding and climbing all kind of works so I can try to put him into the engine myself and in the end learn how to do it so I know if I want to tweak it, I can tweak it myself without being a further bother.

So yeah, if anyone knows of anything then please point me in the right direction =). I want to learn how to put him in properly so that I can start working on something possibly.

Thanks!

Edit: D'oh, I just saw that you can post help topics in the Sonic Worlds forum right now. I guess this would better fit there? My bad ^^;

Ah, thanks a lot =). I just need something to actually learn by, just so that if anything comes up I can at least say I tried to figure it out on my own first. I'm just not sure how to get the gliding, as well as the climbing (or how it would even work in the first place). Even if you just told me how to do it here on the forums so that I could learn how to put it in myself that'd be swell as well =D