A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What Do You Think of My New Song That I Produced?

Icecreamkid

Hi, I'm asking what you guys think of this new song I made. I am really a R&B and Pop producer but I have a friend who wants to make his way into a career in hip hop after he graduates from college. So I told him I will help him make it by making all his productions or some of them. This is a hip-hop production which I am kind of new to since like I said I am really a R&B and Pop producer, so I have hardly no knowledge on how to make a great modern day hip-hop production. So before I give him this song I need to know if it sounds right, nothings off beat, and it is easy to listen to. So thats why I'm asking you guys to listen to the whole track and tell me what you think of it.

A little bit about the production:

The bassline and chorus was sampled from a old 80s song by Ronnie and Debra Laws called Very Special. All I did was chop up the parts I needed, speed up the pitch of the original song and put them together in FL Studio 7 XXL Edition and play my own drums over the track.

All My Life (Produced By Icecreamkid)

Your comments are important to me.

very_special.mp3

The only problems are the odd timing issues during around 1:00 -- 1:05, and the segment with the claps from 1:43 -- 1:53. Their timing is a tad off, so the rhythm is kind of off when the beat changes. (The corresponding loop segments for these parts as well)

Also, the chorus (with the Very Special lyrics) has a few minor timing errors as well, but you should be able to slide with them, since the Shop boyz get away with so many fuckups. (Except for the 1:00 -- 1:05 part mentioned, because it was the most obvious.)

regardless, its pretty catchy. Nice work!

Even though I fucking HATE hip hop/rap for the sole reason that anyone can make these.

I'd just like to point out that this is a stupid reason to hate music.

And boy that greatly reminds me that J-lo really isnt that great of a singer. FAARRRR better actor than singer if you ask me.