A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Oye Magnetic Ring[Solved]

Kasei Honoo

EH! I knew it. I had to set the sensors layer to the same as Sonics. Bleck need ot remember that for future references XD. Is that a way to change it mid game or would it have worked if I created the object on the same layers as the rings

Hey every one. Yea I'm trying to learn worlds for a later project. I've been doing pretty good so far the problem I am facing right now is for some reason my magnetic shield programming is not working. I used tons of methods. Changing rings to bounce or 8 way and then saying look at, I tried making a sensor then having the rings move based upon your X and Y coordinates I tried making it say if rings were in this X and Y range follow you. None of them work the closest I got was the last one but that made all the rings move towards me whenever 1 did. Any Suggestions?

You really shouldn't have to do a separate sensor.

All you should have to do is have an event where it checks whether or not the rings are within the window frame while the Magnetic Shield is on. Then you turn on a flag within the ring object, and have the ring's ball movement activate when that flag is on.

As an extra effect, I'd have the ring's movement speed start at 1 and increase it by 1 for every millisecond its attraction flag is on.

I was actually surprised at how easy it was to implement, myself.

What engine are you using? (I'm pretty sure my technique would be the same across the board.)