A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Little StepMania Tool

I've been playing StepMania for awhile now ( awesome stuff ) and seeing as I have quite a few themes, I've been thinking it would be neat if StepMania could randomly pick between themes to load at start-up. I took a peek in the data folder and soon found an INI I could modify to do this.

I began work on a simple program that by using an INI with the list of themes you have to pick from, would pick a theme, tell StepMania to load that theme next run, and then run StepMania itself. It worked great.

I recently expanded upon it by rewriting the code for cleaner results, adding a new random system that can be set to pure random or no repeats random, and also allowed the announcers to be randomized as well.

Instead of just for personal use, I decided to release what I did for anyone else interested. It's easy to install ( packaged in an .smzip ) and editing the theme and announcer INI's is very simple and includes comments for ease of use. I'm also releasing the source for any interested MMF2 users. ( maybe you can make a more advanced system that detects what themes and annoucers exist for no input on your part )

INSTALLER ( SMZIP )

SOURCE ( MFA )

Note: You must download and run the installer ( or the zip package basically ) in order for the source to work. After doing so, then download the MFA and place it in the StepMania folder where the EXE is located.

check your pms

Anyhow.... for back on topic reasons I'm announcing a little update to the tool for anyone who cares. I basically got rid of some junk code as well as making the actions trigger faster so the app even running is virtually unnoticable.

Download links are in my first post.

• 2 weeks later...