A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

..:: KIRBY : THE DREAMLAND EFFECT ::.. [Fangame]

Huepow00

KirbyTDENetBanner.png

>> Visit Website Here <<

Kirby TDE Engine ver 3 VIDEO

Story

All is peaceful in Dreamland thanks to the six Starlight Gems, but danger is approaching quickly...

...And when a shooting star streaks across the sky and crashes - the world is covered in darkness.

When The darkness clears, the people of Dreamland find that the Starlight Gems have gone missing! and whats more - Strange Creatures have appeared and have begun to wreck havoc!

Help us Kirby!

Features

* Explorer a vast world full of life!

* Find & Use Kirby's many abilities to defeat enemies and solve puzzles!

* Unlock Hidden Game Modes like Time Attack, Boss Attack and More!

* Features animated cutscenes and Movies!

Videos / Screenshots

Kirby TDE Engine ver 3 **( NEW )**

newkirbyrpggame.jpg

More Info to Come...

Wow, i didn't think that a kirby game would look or be good in RM2k/3/XP but that actually looks fairly good. Good luck. The SoM graphics don't conflict too much with the character sprites, maybe you should change the pallete up on the sprites to better suit the backgrounds (probably a watercolorish look to kirby and his enemies). Also, will you be changing the battle background to something that represents where you are? (grass stage)

@ shadowgoten : If I do mess with the tileset's, it will be later on after everything's been made... since its a global and instant effect once their changed... I can wait till literally the last second to do it...

Epon : If Kirby walks at Normal Speed, the Enemies will also speed up... The real reason he walks slow is because his speed is increased when sliding up and down ladders, and GREATLY increased when using the Wheel Ability... because there is a limit to how fast and slow I can set the walkspeed, I have to judge it all myself on what will make the greatest visual impact... the speed has not yet been letdown during gameplay, but I have a way's to go, and I can always change it...

UPDATE!

I've been working hard on alot of new stuff... I have a few specific screencaps to show you but I'll go over everything that's been done since the last update.

1) Enemies Currently IN-GAME:

2) Copy Abilities Currently IN-GAME:

--*Notes On Enemies*--

• Bronto Burt will actually fly around a little bit on the map, as well as during battles...
  • While on the map, Gordo can knock Kirby back and remove some HP - though this is causing some bugs... - During Battle, Kirby will have to avoid attacking the Gordo since it can't be hurt... It will only disappear from battle once all other enemies are defeated.
  • Blockin will remain hidden as a normal Star Block until Kirby comes within a specific distance... then it will attack... Blockin will award the player the Stone Copy ability because I feel like it... Any other Blockin on the field will return to their Starblock form after fighting any single Blockin.

3) Objects Currently IN-GAME:

• Star Block
  • Large Star Block
  • Warp Door
  • Star Switch
  • Stone Switch

--*Notes On Objects*--

• Unlike the Star Switch - the Stone Switch can ONLY be activated by using the Stone Power. - Sofar, the only use's for the switches are to make Hidden pathway's visable to the player to use.

Because the Stone Ability is now In-Game, I have added the Stone Trophy, which like the Beam Trophy and Normal Trophy - Transform Kirby Instantly into the specified ability.

Let's take a look at what the Stone Ability can offer Kirby:

First of all, It's defense stats are initially more than any other ability... and the more you use it and level it up, it's defense will steadily increase... However, it's Attack range is fairly weak - as you are really only stomping on the enemy and your slow... Overtime it will grow stronger, but not as strong as other powers...

---> Make sure to use Stone in the right situations!

Here are some screencaps of the Stone Ability, In-Action...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg