A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Chaos Emerald help

Hey gang,

I need help with how to make chaos emeralds dissappear when collected. You see, I use TGF and I have a global value for chaos emerald. Should I create another global value for when I chaos emerald is collected in a level so it won't appear again in the level. Basically, my sonic fangame will be like STH 1& 2 on the game gear (find emeralds in levels.)

You have the right idea. Basically use a global value to determine if an emerald has been collected. For example if the value is 0 then the emerald is collectable, but when you collect the emerald change the value to 1. Then when the value is 1, have the emerald object destroyed.

You have the right idea. Basically use a global value to determine if an emerald has been collected. For example if the value is 0 then the emerald is collectable, but when you collect the emerald change the value to 1. Then when the value is 1, have the emerald object destroyed.

Yes, and it's best to have a seperate global value for each emerald. I like to use global value extensions to do so.