A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

League of Legends

A.T.

I don't know if anyone else heard of this game but where I live this game is spreading like a forest fire! Everyone where I'm at plays this game and are trying to get me into playing it, which honestly I have no clue what it's about.  Has anyone else here played this or even heard of it? Apparently it's a free to play game and made by the makers of Dota, which if I'm correct Dota is a port from Warcraft III.

Correct me if I'm wrong with any of my details.

So is this an MMO? I don't really get into those, sorry.

No it is a "Multiplayer online battle arena", which I found out by Wikipedia.

Here is a little piece from the Wikipedia page over the 'general' concept.

Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. As of January 11, 2013, there are 109 different champions from which to choose. Each player begins at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane. Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and Minions (NPCs that constantlyspawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters. Completing objectives rewards players with gold which is used to purchase items.

I currently finished the tutorial and I must say, it's a very interesting and fun game that will be played more in the near future.  ;)