A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Trouble in Brazil

GSF

After the accident with the Airbus 320, and many losses, Brazil seems to keep on with trouble. Some American Airlines planes had to return, they couldn't land in the Guarulhos Airport due to congestion.

Just like I always say, the debate starts. Now France (maybe the manufacturer of the A320) explains the features of the plane and that the wet landing area is responsible. It's true, the plane lost control on the wet track. Even though, other people blames the airline, or the airport, or whatever. But, Mother Nature decides when to rain, right?

Luckily the travel agency where my mother works didn't suffer trouble due to this...

Damn, Argentina already had trouble in their airport, and now Brazil...

What do you people think about it? Who takes the blame?

(NOTE: I am not from Argentina nor Brazil, but I'm close)

As a Brazilian, I have to say that I think it's quite sad, thought quite predictable.

Since the accident with that GOL Airlines Plane and the Legacy, back some months ago, authorities have determined our traffic control system is highly inefficient...

But nothing did really happen to fix this. Instead, our airports are still outdated and poorly managed, each day being less able to properly handle the flight load, creating what is being called "Aerial Chaos". It should be freaking common sense cities like São Paulo need much bigger Airports, that are not in the MIDDLE OF THE CITY. That's unsafe, and plainly stupid.

People have been reported to wait over six hours in line to get aboard. That's unacceptable.

There are some notable exceptions, such as the Confins Airport, near Belo Horizonte, the city where I live, but they're still minority.

Demand for bus travel has doubled after this new accident... In fact, it has affected me somewhat directly, as I was planning to travel to São Paulo and I had to cancel my trip. People are fearing to travel to here, too, and that affects the country's economy, since there are many regions that live from the tourism income.

To make things worse, our president is a complete idiot. It kinda makes sense for him to win though, since majority of the population is equally dumb, and thinks "He's awesome".