A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So the Sonic Lost World 3DS and Wii U Demo...

Since I am a cheap high school student, I have yet to buy Sonic Lost World for the 3DS Or get Sonic Lost Worlds on the Wii U (I don't have a Wii U, too). But, today they have released Demos for the 3DS and the Wii U in the NA:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/11/14/sonic-lost-world-demos-out-on-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops-in-america/

If you guys played the demos (Or the actual games), what did you think about the game so far?

WARNING: the next couple of sentences contains opinions.

The demo from I've played so far. Windy Hill Zone is enjoyable with considerable length. I was actually going to pick up the game until I saw one of my subscriptions posted a video today (As of 11/14/13):

One point I like to take away from the video is how long and hard (heh) the levels are after the Windy Hill and Desert Ruins Zones get.

That becomes a big detractor for me. I don't want to spend a ton of time in one area. I mainly play Sonic games when I need to kill a few minutes to try beating a level, fight a boss or two, and get a Chaos Emerald all over again.

Oh, and speaking about Chaos Emeralds, I heard that they were annoying because of the Gyroscope feature. I can imagine me with my 3DS walking around like I'm some sort of drunkin' idiot.

"Hey, Kid, what are you doing?"

"I'm playing Sonic Lost World! I'm playing Special Stage 7!"
"Oh, ok then. Nothing to see. Carry on."

I don't think I'll get Lost World any time soon. Maybe getting Mario Party Island Tour or Zelda: A Link Between Worlds if I have money. I know that's sad to say, but it's honestly my opinion.

• Like 1

That demo took its sweet time being released.

But on to what I think. The gameplay is surprisingly good. I will admit that it took a few levels to get use to but it works pretty well. The level design doesn't shout Dimps so that's a plus ((Though still a dick move parts like jumping on a spring to a spike ball))

Although seeing Johnny's times kinda scare me... I don't want another eggmanland... no...

But its a sonic game that I am going to get eventually though. I would talk about the WiiU version but I don't have a WiiU yet so... That'll have to wait.

I haven't played the full 3DS version yet, and to be honest, I really don't plan to/want to. It looks extremely aggravating and, if it's anything like it's big console brother, the level design must be worse.

As for the Lost World console version, I'm...somewhat happy with it. In fact, Johnny summed up my thoughts on the game completely. When it comes to the parkour, if you can master it, it's the best damn feature ever. It's just the level design that hinders that joy for me. Sky Road has to be the most annoying offender here. I got pretty impatient when it came to fighting Zavok because of that homing attack charge up. It's so annoying...

Overall, Lost World is not a bad game, they're just experimenting with a lot here. Some things work, some don't. It's not that bad but, underwhelming.

• Like 1