A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sound problem

Hey every one. It seems I'm having another problem with my blaze game (yup forced myself to work on it with a broken arm) I just made a new sound track and I added the ability to choose if you want mp3 or midi music so people with dial up could download it as well. I got that to work just fine. The problem is right after i finished all my samples stopped playing. whats even weirder its only when i play the exe but if i run it from mmf2 it still plays them. Any one knows whats going on here?

PS:I even tried taking the direct X out still didn't work

I'm not sure Inferno, but if the exe doesn't plays the musics, try copying the musics to the same directory of the exe (not the mfa)

MMF can't find your sounds in the directory. Try it, it may work.

If it doesn't, rebuild the application.

That's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Something's really wrong here...

Try in the properties of the app:

Select the Sound filters option, and check the 'Automatic' checkbox. Later rebuild the app with this option enabled and try it.

If it doesn't works, I don't know... you could try sending here the app for testing or something?

Say can you give me a lil' more info? What tool are we talking about? It might be a good advice to skip wav as music since 1 minute wave fullblown stereo cd quality takes up 10 megabytes while MIDI takes up less then 10 kilobytes.