A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

BlazBlue

Lhancat

How could I not make this topic? :P Anyway, Blazblue. 2D Fighting game system made my Arc System Works. Based around the Guilty Gear series, it can be harder or easier depending in your skill level.

Anyway, Chronophantasma is about a month away and there are some new characters to look foward to!

So far we have:

Azrael

Amane Nishiki

Yuuki Terumi

Bullet

Aaannd last but not least, Kokonoe!

Story wise...well everyone that was murdered by Terumi has now come back to life. Apart from that, everything is still a mystery. Arc are keeping this under tight wraps.

Yeah I dunno what to say. The series has come a long way since Calamity Trigger,  the very first game released. The story as of CP is 80% done. So we've got one more game left until it all comes to an end...

I've been a fan of the series for a while. Its a pretty good fighting game.

While the character designs and story don't bring too much we haven't had already (I swear they just grabbed every little thing to make a shout out of) but if anything that's revolutionary about it is how it simplifies the fighting game genre. I mean sure there's a few hard imputs in the game, but its nothing you couldn't do before. It does require you to memorize moves but what game doesn't? It can be very combo oriented, but not as much as the Melty Blood series.

But anyways, I do main Rachel Alucard but I can't use her as effectively. She slows down the action so she can lay her traps but she has a hard time keeping opponents off of her. I do better with Valkenhayn and Platinum ironically enough.

Platinum has water prison jutsu... I mean putting you in a bubble. She's really cheap though, that's all I have to say about her.

This is probably my favorite 2D fighting game (out of like the maybe 3 I've played) I find the story pretty good although a bit confusing. Like in continuum shift, they are all in different dimentions meaning nothing in the game actually happens per se until I'm guessing the ending where everyone meets up by going through the door to the real time/dimention. The humor in the game is pretty solid though I do find the combat overly complex.

But so far, my favorite to play as is Noel, my best is Ragna

Platinum has water prison jutsu... I mean putting you in a bubble. She's really cheap though, that's all I have to say about her.

Platinum is the cheapest character in the game.

I found a Bubble loop where you go into the corner, bubble and then j.b until you reach the ground and use another bubble. Not sure how effective it is. Then there's the cat stick loop where you use her cat stick weapon and use her command grab to reset her cat stick uses. And there's my infamous 2B ----> Celestial Impact combo.

I swear I always find a new way to be annoying with her.

• 2 weeks later...