A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MapEd - Universal Map Editor

I believe I did post about this editor a while back, but I left out one important thing...

I planned to make a fully featured map editor that the community would find good enough to use... I decided to do this after messing with Clwe's Map editor in Sonic DIY, while good and all, it was a bit... limited IMO (no offense, it was perfect for what you needed)...

This editor should be able to be used in any game, be expendable based on that fact...

I'm going to restart development of the editor, as the current code is a mess, and there are things that can be done in better ways...

And I decided that I'll keep the libraries external loaded with APO's and inis for descriptions of things...

General Features:

External Libraries, Contains images, MapEd extensions (ccn's), object grouping files

External Dialog support for Object properties (ie. custom properties per object per game)

Object Layering

Click and Drag Selection Support

Level Properties Dialog

Library Editor

Other standard editor features

Themability

and more...

Pending Features

*Level Progression Editor - Edit order of levels, such as in a map pack...

*Parallax Editor - Edit parallax layers: Export for MMF2 and MMF1.5

*Copy, Cut, Paste - I never really thought of a good way of doing this... But I was lazy then...

These features are pending because I'm not sure how useful they'd actually be... Either way, these editors would be able to be overridden if included with the library. And in the case of the Level Progression editor, it probably would be best to have that done in the actual game...

Video link of the old version in action in it's last relatively stable state...

http://ssbfalcon.googlepages.com/clip0016.avi

Remember, the new version will be rewritten from the ground up, in MMF2... as it provides some performance improvements...

Now, this is what I need from you... What features would you like to see? What format should levels and the objects within them be stored? (remember, 24 alt values per object, (1 value reserved for object type), what do you think about this proposal? etc...