A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

More Than a Memory: A Perfect Existance.

Lhancat

Long title is long. Anyway about a week or so ago, I was downloading roms to keep me occupied when I discovered this. I played it for a bit...and afterwards I liked it. So I decided to share it here.

Like the title implies, it's a Shadow game. Specifically, a Sonic 2 hack. Sonic is replaced by Shadow and Tails is replaced by a Chao. The game starts off in Chemical Plant Zone (Renamed Capital City) and uses the Metropolis Zone music.

The game uses various levels and recolours them to make them seem different. The music is different for each level too. My personal favourite would have to running through Emerald Hill (Polar Peaks) with the unused Hidden Palace music playing.

Gameplay wise there's not much difference. You can still go to options and choose who you want to play as. Sound test works. Cheats I am unsure of. Emeralds and special stages are absent from this, but there's a chance Super Shadow might still be in the game via the sound test cheat.

Shadow can still spindash, but rolling requires some work. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But there will be rarely any instances you need to use it for anyway.

Overall I liked it. It's just Sonic 2 with half of the levels and a new lick of paint. Kind of refreshing!

Here's the download link: http://info.sonicretro.org/More_Than_a_Memory:_A_Perfect_Existence

What do you think of this game? Has anyone played it before?