A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Universe (Online) /PSOBB

Serephim

So, does anyone plan on paying for a subscription?

Ive beaten Storymode (which was great but also lacking a good ending because the final battle wasnt as cool as Dark Falz), and even with the H U G E amount of missing content from the Offline Extra Mode, ive been pretty deeply sucked in to getting my characters to higher stages and making items.

Whenever i get my bank account up, me and a few other friends will start playing online on the PC/PS2 version. (i aquired both.)

I know Shadix is along with the "OMG PsU < PSO" squad, but is anyone else up for playing/ does anyone else play online?

-----------

And im sure everyone was aware of the Scthack Private Server for PSO:BB/PSO Ep.1&2 (the gamecube version) that came out last year.

Does anyone still play?

My PSO:BB people-

Sereph -- FoMar, lvl 29 and quickly growing (becoming alot more active)

I usually play on tethallia and Arcadia, because Sylvania (the SFGHQ server you all chose) is pretty damn empty these days.

I have an inactive PSU account that I'll probably pick up once I move out and get settled again... and I'm pretty sure its been 30 days since I last logged into Scthacks so my PSOBB account is most likely gone now.

Not that I have time to play. (see blog)

Scthack gives you 90 days Ila.

PSU's economy has far healed from what it was, so ive heard from PSO-World's Forum. The hacking topics have gone down by at least 98%. The only problem they complain about is the way Sonic Team is being gay with releasing content.

Although, the Online Mode is about 95% different than Extra Mode that i fell in love with. Classes are alot better balanced, you can choose different varients of the missions you choose. They added a sort of Normal/Hard/Very Hard/Ultimate mode to the missions like in PSO by letting you choose C/B/A/S rank missions at certian levels. The japanese version already has S2 or SS missions released, which are supposed to be super fun and very rewarding.)

Certian weapons are on the Online version that arnt offline (Crossbows and Axes are all, i think), and the Clothing choices actully allow you to distinguish yourself, so far as ive seen.

The main reason im subscribing is:

1)becuase the Synthesis/rare item count is WAYYY higher and more indepth

2) I can actully have fun replaying missions ive gotten too high to have fun with by upping the Rank. Getting an S-Rank on a S-rank mission ive heard is near impossible without team help on the higher level missions, and SS missions being released this April are going to be crazy.

3) Clothing ( I have 2 female characters, and they completely raped their clothing choices. They dont even give you pants to choose from offline, only short shorts and stockings.)

4) Not having every hunter be able to equip every weapon i can, and limiting each class to how many S-rank weapons they can equip (the badass looking ones)

5)New stages, the lobbies, and just plain better playing experiences than offline.

Extra Mode just got plain raped. I cant do full missions, when i kill the boss it doesnt let me collect my reward, the drop rates are HORRIBLE (I beat Story Mode with Ethan and diddnt get a SINGLE Kubara Wood. I just got one of my Extra Mode characters to lvl 40, and i STILL havent found a Kubara Wood.), and playing with the AI characters are lame.

6) the Emote animations and little tidbits they cut from offline to force you to pay.

I dont know about the Expansion, but i HOPE sonic team fixes some things about PSU that we've been complaining about. Although the stages are fun, compared to PSO their pretty bland at certian times. PSO had about (and im not kidding) 10x more rare weapons , items, and units than PSU does. The PSU rares also dont look nearly as funny/awesome as what they let you use in PSO. Wheres my Frying Pan/ huge phonebook/ stick with a chao on it?

Guest Shadix
I have an inactive PSU account that I'll probably pick up once I move out and get settled again... and I'm pretty sure its been 30 days since I last logged into Scthacks so my PSOBB account is most likely gone now.

Not that I have time to play. (see blog)

I just logged into my PSOBB account the other day and it still exists. Shame thing is there is alot more hacking now and the client has been hacked extensively. Dunno how much long SCHT can hold on to striving for legitness, but it'd be awesome if you'd play again. (My WoW subscription is gonna go into hybernation at the beginning of April, so we can play again ^_^) Our team still exists and everything.

They also have some Jap only BB quests on some of the servers now, like a TTF for EP. 2.

I'm on Scthack's server every now and again, with a highly predictable character name. I've only just started playing, so I'm not particularly talented at the moment. Hopefully it won't take too long to start getting some decent stuff.