A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic_Heroes_cover.png

It has almost been an entire decade since Sonic Heroes was first released. At release it received pretty good scores from critics, mostly receiving 8/10's. I believe it sold quite well too, which was most likely due to all the Sonic X hype at the time, and the game being Sonic's first major multi-platform release.

Now that almost a decade has passed, what's your thoughts on Sonic Heroes?

I've played it to death so it's kinda boring to me at this point, but I still appreciate it for what it is. It's the first Sonic game I played. It's what got me into the series. The levels drag out for a bit too long, and it can get repetitive at times, but I still think it's a decent game overall despite its flaws. I believe it has aged decently as well. It still looks and feels pretty good on my computer. The console versions probably haven't aged as well though.

I appreciate what it is, although I do think this game has some major hiccups.

• The PS2 game (Which, I unfortunately have) has a bad framerate.
  • The grinding system is glitched.
  • The camera is unresponsive.

Although, I will give it credit on some merits such as

• Ok voice acting.
  • The leveling up system is good.
  • 3-Person gameplay is kinda innovative.
  • The soundtrack is amazing.

Overall, I give it 7 out of 10 Sonic heads.  I recommend at least a full playthrough.

I still hold Sonic Heroes in a very special place in my heart. It was the first game I got when I finally regained my childhood back, after moving away from my step father. My sister scratched the disc and I couldn't play it anymore, but a few months later it got a re-release and I was so happy and overjoyed by it.

• Like 1

I still occasionally play it to this very day. I remember back in high school wanting this game badder than anything. I always read the prima strategy guide imagining playing the game with all four teams and everything. Finally, one fateful day, I got the game. I played that sucker for hours and played it just as the strategy guide instructed.