A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Niche games

Lhancat

So there are games out there that hardly anyone knows about. They might read the back of the box or an random article about it, and then put it down without a second thought. But what they don't know is that the game is actually much deeper than the box actually lets on. Have any of you had an experience like this? I guess I shall start off.

My game in question is simply called "Petz: Catz 2". It was available for the PS2 and Wii.

Let's take a look at the front and back of the box shall we?

zpq7qW7.jpgb3OptcV.jpg

Not very ambitious, is it? What are your thoughts when you see this cover? What kind of game do you think it is, just by looking at it?

What if I told you that it isn't a pet game, but an action/adventure game that has a lighthearted story with some dark elements.

The game originates from Japan, where it was called "Kitten and the Magical Hat". Let's take a look at the cover.

9qU1Izn.jpg

That's much better, isn't it? It gives you more knowledge to what the game is actually about.

The gameplay itself is very Zelda like. At some point in the game you're required to find 3 elemental stones to get to the final boss. But they require you to wear special clothing to reach them. A jacket to protect you from the heat and cold. But even then, you still need to find an oasis or hot spring since the clothes don't protect you 100%.

So there you have it. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Like 1

Before I reply, better nip this one...NO Sonic 06/ShTH jokes.

I had that experience with Dynasty Warriors Advance. I really didn't know what to expect because I was never into Dynasty Warriors but then, I found myself playing that game all the time. It was really awesome actually. I thought it'd be a typical rpg but it was so much more. I gotta play it again.

• Like 1

Super Robot Wars/Taisen.

It's also an RPG... BUT WITH ROBOTS!

The video you just watch or currently watching is from one of the games in the franchise called "2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation" (Which was only released in Japan). This video in particular shows all of the attacks of the mech the guy is piloting.

I love the franchise so much, I am currently doing a lets play of "Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation" in my Youtube Channel. For so reason, it got overlooked. I loved that game so much, but it's a bit hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, let me tell you about this game!

Amazing_Island.jpg

You think by appearance it's some lame digital pet pokemon knockoff, but it's actually quite a fun adventure game. You make your own Monsters, (of course I made Sonic, Batman, and Deadpool all the time) and play mission games with them to progress in the game. You can make an infinite amount of monsters and customize them anyway you want and it connects to the gba for a mini game to win extra goodies. It's a perfect game to play when you get bored.

Oh, let me tell you about this game!

Amazing_Island.jpg

You think by appearance it's some lame digital pet pokemon knockoff, but it's actually quite a fun adventure game. You make your own Monsters, (of course I made Sonic, Batman, and Deadpool all the time) and play mission games with them to progress in the game. You can make an infinite amount of monsters and customize them anyway you want and it connects to the gba for a mini game to win extra goodies. It's a perfect game to play when you get bored.

The guy's face is giving me the chuckles. I think I might give it a go based off of that alone.