A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Pac-Man-and-the-Ghostly-Adventures-Episo

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is an upcoming cartoon made by Avi Arad and 41 Entertainment made in 3D for Disney XD. It takes a different take on Pac-Man than previously established - Pac-Man is shown as a teenager, (...teen... man...? ..My head's been hurting for months.) he befriends the main four ghosts; ie. Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde, and he's the only yellow Pac-Worlder (ugh, 'Pac-Worlder' reminds me of the old Hannah-Barbera cartoon...) on his world and thus the only one being able to eat ghosts, as well as being the only perfect circle. As per series tradition ever since Pac-Man World 2, there's a new villain of the week: Betrayus, cliched name as usual. It seems that the Power Pellets are now berries - that give you unique powers depending on its appearance - as well, (seriously, make up your mind, Namco. One moment they're dots, the next cookies, the next fruit.) though apparently Pac-Dots remain as cookies and normal fruit exist.

Pac-Man seems to have undergone a revision that looks like it takes a few cues from Sonic - An upbeat gung-ho teenager who wants to make the world a better place and have fun from it. He also has a redesign that was foredone with Pac-Man Party, getting sneakers and blue eyes with whites. As with that, the whole cartoon in general seems to be relatively aimed towards kids - the writing is rather cheesy- no, scratch that. Pac-Man in this cartoon was cast by a giant talking cheese, and the rest of the cast are just painted cheese. I mean, seriously? Doctor Buttocks? Fuzzbutt- I mean, Fuzbitz?

Seriously?

The best thing I see from this is the music - and no, not the intro theme, that's horrible - the orchestrated/techno (they swap depending on intensity of the scene) Pac-Man arrangments are extremely awesome, and being a fan of the classic Pac-Man themes, (Yes, themes. Please play Pac-Mania and Pac-Man World and you'll get what I mean.) it was like... some kind of feeling when you eat a strawberry and cheese? I dunno, but my point is, the arrangements are awesome. Just skip the intro, and you'll get what I mean.

Also, there's a video game being made as well - for just about all the 'mainstream' consoles out there.

I saw the first episode for this show. I found it...somewhat entertaining. I was pretty confused when Pac-man, (Pac-Teen, Pac Boy, make up your minds...) ate some pellet or fruit as you said and turned into Super Sayian Fire Pac-Teenboy. I mean what happened to just chompin' up the ghosts like usual without a hairdo. And he's friends with the ghost antagonists from the original game, yet battles them and Betrayus, (oh I get it because he was a "Pac-Worlder...")...Yeah I dunno about this show too much. Plus 3D cartoons like this kinda have a little lifespan problem.

I saw the first episode for this show. I found it...somewhat entertaining. I was pretty confused when Pac-man, (Pac-Teen, Pac Boy, make up your minds...) ate some pellet or fruit as you said and turned into Super Sayian Fire Pac-Teenboy. I mean what happened to just chompin' up the ghosts like usual without a hairdo. And he's friends with the ghost antagonists from the original game, yet battles them and Betrayus, (oh I get it because he was a "Pac-Worlder...")...Yeah I dunno about this show too much. Plus 3D cartoons like this kinda have a little lifespan problem.

Call him Pac, it'll save your brain from a bit of trouble. That's what I do, anyway.

There are still the normal Power Berries - as shown in Episode 1 - The Adventure Begins (Sonic 4, anyone?), and Pac can still eat the ghosts without any additional powers, if the pilot shown years ago still holds as canon - it's just that it's so horribly ineffective, and that he can't enter the Nether-world without any berry powers. However, as the other berries come with added benefits, ones that the non-Yellows can use as well, it's more effective to use them.

As for the ghost gang, they're actually rather benevolent and not very evil at all (apparently - might back-stab depending on circumstances, but doesn't like Betrayus anyway), and they're basically helping Pac-Man out to get a chance to become alive and live in Pac-World again. I'm not even sure if it's possible in-universe. Anyway, Betrayus, on the other hand, is President Spheros' brother, who rebelled against him, lost, was killed and now is ruling the Nether-world.

...I know too much about this show than is healthy for me.

• Like 1

Wasn't one or both of the Colors/Generations writers on for this?

All I know about this show is that I wore a Pacman shirt to a Walmart, and had some very tall employee (I'm 6 feet, this guy had a few inches over me) towered over me, mentioned this show, said that the ghosts eat the world and slugs or something so Pacman can't eat them I don't know he also said "and frankly" a ton

Wasn't one or both of the Colors/Generations writers on for this?

All I know about this show is that I wore a Pacman shirt to a Walmart, and had some very tall employee (I'm 6 feet, this guy had a few inches over me) towered over me, mentioned this show, said that the ghosts eat the world and slugs or something so Pacman can't eat them I don't know he also said "and frankly" a ton

He right about the slug eating part.