A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Not a Sonic game, certainly.

redfox

After much long and hard work, comes the new demo for Atrigan Tank Wars (ATW). The game has changed radically since it's last public release, and now I can safely say it is actually enjoyable. This demo comes with three difficulty variants on one sample level, and allows you to experience many of the main game's concepts and enemies. In addition, there is an unlockable and an easter egg to be found in this demo if you look carefully... kudos to the first ones to get them. (Without cheating. heheh. :) )

So, because I'm lazy, here are two screens, because this is a hard game to screenshot just due to the nature of the gameplay;

screen1.png

screen2.png

Get the demo HERE; http://files.renegadeprojects.com/Atrigan%20Tank%20Wars/ATW_1.0.zip

Enjoy the demo; please leave feedback here! :)

Gave it a try after the long download finished. It was alright, though I didn't get very far into the game. =/ The green slime should probably be more apparent that it hurts as I kept running over it thinking it was grass. Also, when I shoot the bullet doesn't always hit the mouse on target. This is because you used the built-in 32 directional movement. It's not a major problem, but it would help if you fixed it to improve precision against small targets. It would only require you to use basic 360 movement for the bullet. In fact, you could also give the tank 360 movement and even use an external sprite so it can rotate at 360 degrees.

Btw, I love running the people over. <3