A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Gah, I'm a bloody idiot! ;-;

Aaron C-T

I fudged up my SVA application somewhat. Apparently I somehow managed to overwrite my SVA Letter of Intent with the Letter of Intent intended for College for Creative Studies. Technically they were all the same with the only changes being to the program and college name, save for SCAD which required a 2-page letter as opposed to simply a 500-word essay which makes it quite different. Long story short: the version I sumbitted, electronically mind you, specifically says CCS as opposed to SVA.

Not exactly sure what I should do. First of all, it's Christmas Eve and I doubt they're checking their email and even if they were what would I say? "I want to attend your fine school, but I'm an idiot whose already screwed up and I'm not even there yet!" Sure, it's probably happened a number of times but that just means I'm a Generic Idiot . Also, if I do get some sort of response and they allow me to like.. email them or something I can't just send the original as it will be obvious that the only change is the college name. Meaning massive editing would be in store. Is it worth the email anyway, or is it a minor accident that won't matter much?

I suppose I'll rewrite it tomorrow then and send it to the admissions email.. although.. I'm not sure if it's automated or if they actually read the stuff that is sent through there. I dunno.. I would think there'd be a way to simply edit it since it's sent electronically and whatnot, but apparently not. =/

It's people that end up looking at what you send, not computers. If it gets sent by you to them and it's not an electronic form that blocks you out from doing it, it gets to them if they haven't looked at it yet. In fact, most university admissions departments as far as I know keep pretty much everything you send in one folder in a filing cabinet (sometimes even printed-out email) and take the folder out when it's review time. Just rewrite it, and re-send.

Remember, these people have to deal with plenty of ass-clowns, just make it clear you're not a bozo, they know you're a person.