A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom 2013 Megathread

Clouder

Sega have announced details regarding Sonic Boom.

Where: The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
When: Saturday, August 10, 2013, doors 5pm

Triva contest and a cosplay competition have been confirmed. Tickets are TBA at a later date, they do mention there will be a charge for tickets.

Source: Sonic Stadium

So is anybody going? 

I won't be going, but I really wish Sega would host an event in Australia already. Preferrably in Sydney. Australia is arguably the most popular place to hold conventions, right next to the US and UK.

It still annoys me how Sega lied about 20th Anniversary events being held worldwide, when the only thing that happened was Boom. :/

It still annoys me how Sega lied about 20th Anniversary events being held worldwide, when the only thing that happened was Boom. :/

Yeah I was miffed about that too. But you also have to think that something like that would have been a lot, lot, LOT of money. And from what I've heard, the whole ticket thing kinda has backfiring points.

Edited by Abominal Taz

• 4 weeks later...

Considering this more and more by the day. I'm 8 hours away but will hopefully meet up with some Retro/SSMB/United members once there. Way I see it...who knows if it'll ever be this close to me again. (No, I don't consider 500 miles "close", but you know what I mean. :P )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my ticket sorted, just need to get my car fixed up and I'll be ready to roll. I've taken Friday off work so I can get there a day early and not rush myself too much. :) I'll be taking plenty of pictures and maybe a little video here and there and will be sharing with you guys here if all goes well. 

• Like 2

I've got my ticket sorted, just need to get my car fixed up and I'll be ready to roll. I've taken Friday off work so I can get there a day early and not rush myself too much. :) I'll be taking plenty of pictures and maybe a little video here and there and will be sharing with you guys here if all goes well. 

Awesome dude. Hopefully, we might run into each other, well, if I'm not busy with the Nachos being served. Speaking of which, they have the event schedule, which I'm about to post into this.

Edit: Ok. Here is the schedule strait from the SEGA blog site.

Event Information

The doors for the event open at 5:00 PM. Please have your ticket ready for The Pageant staff to check. This will help everyone get into the venue in a timely manner! Your bags may be searched by venue security on the way in. We’ve informed venue security that you are welcome to take all the photos and videos you’d like inside, so there’s no need to hide your cameras.

We will have Wii U and 3DS stations available for you to play Sonic Lost World. Please be patient if there is a line, and be courteous to your fellow Sonic fans by keeping the line moving when you’re done playing.

There will be a free dinner buffet available! The buffet will include:

• Sliders – mini beef, chicken, and veggie burgers
  • Hot dogs – with or without chili topping (yes… we have chili dogs this year!)
  • Nachos
  • Toasted Ravioli (a St. Louis specialty!)
  • Dessert

There will also be free water and soda available for everyone. If you are 21 or older and would like to purchase alcohol, you can do so at the bar on the balcony level. (The balcony level is only available to guests 21 or older.)

Each guest will also get a free bag of exclusive Sonic Boom 2013 merchandise. The merchandise will be available in the cafe area next to the concert area. In addition, Crush 40 will have merchandise available for you to purchase.

If you would like to participate in the trivia contest, please go to the merchandise area to fill out a raffle ticket (one ticket per person, please!). We will randomly draw names from those entries, and six lucky people will get chosen to come on stage and answer trivia in two teams of three people. Make sure you fill out your raffle ticket early in the evening if you want to participate!

If you would like to participate in the costume contest, simply come on stage when we invite participants up. There is no pre-registration necessary.

Event Schedule

(Please note that times are NOT exact and will vary depending on the pace of the show. Please use this as a reference guide to the order of events only, not as an exact time schedule.)

5:00 PM – Doors open

6:00 PM – Crush 40

7:30 PM – Q&A with Iizuka-san and Hoshino-san

8:00 PM – Costume contest

8:45 PM – Trivia contest

9:30 PM – News

10:00 PM – Event is over icon_sad.gif

• Like 1

Just got to my hotel. Neither my mom or I could find her camera so any pictures I take will probably be with my crappy old phone...but better than nothing I guess!

I'm confused about the Pageant though, is it a sit down type of thing, or a standing around type thing, or a good bit of both? I'm sure we'll be seated when Crush 40 plays and all but I don't know whether to look at this as a concert or a convention haha.

Either way guess we'll find out soon!