A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Emerald's Awakening (TEA)

Lhancat

Thought I'd post about a new fangame I've tried recently. It's only a demo so far, but what I played was pretty good.

This game uses the Sonic World's engine. Classic psychics are top notch, and work quite well. Rolling is great, doesn't slow down at all. This game also has a homing attack, or jump dash. It's pretty useful in most places.

Level design wise, there are a lot of different routes you can take. The first level is very fast and fun, as well as platform heavy.

Bosses in this game are pretty easy, if a bit difficult to figure out at first. I originally though the first boss had to be hit multiple times once it lowered it's head but that's not the case. Just have to hit it one at a time.

Enemy and object placement...ehhh. I'll admit in later levels this really annoyed me. There are a LOT of problems with this. From simple enemy placement to an overuse of spikes. Oh yeah and remember those flies from Sonic 2 we all hated? Yeah well, they're back and more annoying than ever.

Music...the music is fucking fantastic. Really captures the Classic Sonic style with some great and awesome 16 bit tunes! The boss music in particular is my favourite.

Overall it's a great game and I can't wait for the finished product. Hopefully the full game is releasing at SAGE 2013!

Has anyone else played this game before? What are your thoughts?

• Like 1