A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Background scrolling problem

Felik

I've got a problem. Bg scrolling in my game is not very good. The problem is in bg system box. When camera is moving on a low speed or suddenly stops, game begins hampering until camera fully stops or begins moving faster. I tried to use layer system but it cause more serious problem because when you add a layer, you add a whole new level and game begin hapering all the time. And I don't know how to make scroll system for bg system box. Don't you know a good solution for this problem?

I tried to download Sonic Fusion, but I couldn't find a download link on the host anywhere. It would be nice if you'd upload it directly to the forum.

In case you don't know how, when you do quick reply, click the button that says 'go advanced'. Now scroll down to Additional Options and you'll see a button that says Manage Attachments. Click it. Now you'll see two sections; one being to upload files from your computer and another to upload files from a specific URL. Just browse around for the game from whichever section is appropriate and then click the Upload button to the far right. After that, the download link will automatically be intergrated into your post, so you don't have to worry about retrieving the link and such. Also, once the upload has finished, you can close the upload window and if you look near Manage Files, you can see that it was uploaded.

Here's some pickies in case they help:

Go Advanced

Manage Files

Browse and Upload

Played it and did what you said and the backgrounds seem fine to me. Might just be my computer though. I can say though that what you got there is pretty impressive for your first fangame. I like how the level has that 3D-ish effect to it, and I'm not talking about the beginning cutscene. Nice job on that.