A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Castle Crashers

Castle Crashers is a four player side scrolling action adventure RPG where you play originally as one of four knights trying to rescue four princesses from the clutches of various wacky and wild creatures and over sized bosses.

After finishing the adventure for the first time, you unlock insanity mode which is exactly was it says it is. Insanity mode will test your skills and you will have to work as a team to triumpth.

Also when you finish the story with a character you then unlock a new character with which you can play the story again and unlock another.

Castle Crashers really is one of those games which you play endless amounts of times with your friends or even by yourself. It never stops being fun, which is quite rare nowadays.

The cell shaded style of the game and the strange sense of humour really make this game something special and a game that ages well. Even though Castle Crashers was originally released in 2008 it is still in the top 10 best selling arcade games of all time.

Catle Crashers was created by Behemoth who also made Alien Hominid and the more recent yet equally awesome Battleblock theatre.

I personally love this game and wondered if others had played or own it.

So please post your comments/thoughts on Castle Crashers.

Edited by TrippyDroppings
  • Like 1

CASTLE CRASHERS!

Absolutely wonderful game, it pretty much single-handedly caused me to become interested in the Xbox Live Arcade service. I absolutely adore the art style. My favourite character would have to be the Alien Hominid, (honourable mentions go out to the Fire Demon and Ninjer, however.), it takes a special kind of crazy to use a fragmentation grenade as your shield and wield your blaster as a sword and beat things to death with it.

alienhominidrawr.jpg

He is approximately the most awesome thing in existence.

Also, the game has an epic OST, probably one of the best soundtracks I have come across in a game, ever. There is plenty of awesome music in this game, but the following would have to be my favourite.