A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spyro the Dragon

JPunxR

Yes! My favorite childhood character! For those of you who have played the classic Spyro games, From Spyro 1 to A Heroes Tale (I REALLY F*cking hate The Legend Of and Skylanders so i'm not counting them). This dragon just scream happiness to me, so here are my ratings from the first to last(Console):
Spyro 1- 4.5
Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage - 5
Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon - 5+
Spyro Enter the Dragon Fly - 4
Spyro A Heroes Tale - 3.5
Just a classic dragon collecting gems, rescuing elder dragons in statues, searching orbs, saving dragon eggs/babies, and kicking major a**.
Just pure joy to me, I would be glad if i'm not the only one who likes the (classic)series.
Sorry if this is not topic worthy, but I just gotta share it to you guys.
So for those of you who have played Spyro before, tell me your experiences playing his games and adventures. I would love to hear them! ^__^

My very first video game ever was Eternal Night~ I'd say Cynder's my favorite modern character.

As for the classics, I've only played Shadow Legacy and Season of Ice. My favorite classic character would probably be Hunter.

Speaking of Spyro, I haven't drawn/played him in forever. ._.

OMG! You haven't played the Classics?! 
You are missing out!
If you have a PS system, get them! 
If you have a PS3, I recommend you download them.
A great soundtrack, Basic and fun gameplay and it's replayable!
So in my opinion, I would get them <3   =)

Spyro 3 is my favorite video game of all time.

Spyro 1 and 2 are really amazing though. Especially the level design in Spyro 1. No matter how many times I play any of these three, I am always full of childlike delight.

Also, Hero's Tail and Legend of Spyro 1 aren't bad.

• 3 months later...

Spyro the Dragon, is without a doubt one of the best games in the platform genre. This game entertains for a very long time with its excellent execution. The worlds are amazing and beautiful, sound is absolutely wonderful and pleasant, and the characters are quite interesting and different from what you see in games of today. 

I like how the creators made the characters(Spyro 3) unoriginal... well, except for Shiela
Shiela: Australian Kicker
Sargent Byrd: A Penguin with (unlimited)rockets and a reference of James Bond.
Bentley: An intelligent Yeti who has a giant Ice Club
Agent 9: A hyper monkey with a laser gun

I found these guys really creative.