A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Generic Small Help Thread

..No, it's not the wrong forum.

Here's a quick algorithm:

Use the Angle tools to rotate your object. Just remember to set player's FloatX and FloatY to the center of the round part of the cannon and cancel the action of the gravity when you're in it.

Remember to make a timer to make the player fall if he didn't press anything.

You'll basically have to check player's Speed according to the cannon angle:

XSpeed = Impulse*cos(CannonAngle)
YSpeed = Impulse*sin(CannonAngle)

Remember to also cancel the gravity when you're being shot.

The rest is just key pressing shenanigans.

(Call me up on MSN if you didn't understand something)

I don't believe the Worlds forum was ever meant to be used for generic gimmick help. I also just plain don't like helping people (or even seeing people be helped) to make tasteless bullshit gimmicks like these, so that might be flavoring my opinion a little.

In any event, a help topic with this tiny an amount of effort put in to even speculate at accomplishing what it asks for is just bad.

A "General Small Help Thread" could help then.

I did, only using "Ignore Control", 2 actives, actions of player values, frame of animation, upon bla bla bla, and change animation xD

Its running great?: Yes, without problems.

Its really like Sonic Unleashed magic cannon?: For me?, yep.

scaled.php?server=542&filename=semttulobkp.png&res=landing

Awn yea?. Sorry about the topic, i got this idea in a vídeo of Sonic Generations gameplay xD.

@Cleberson: You may wanna make it bigger...

Today i will finish the gimmick code, and, i will create a sprite from this gimmick, this sprite is only for test. THIS IS MY OBJECTIVE MR.LH :P (Now is my xD)

OMG!, my topic is now a oficial small help thread, my name in official topics /fuckyea!.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing complicated. But you'll eventually have to rewrite the Camera code. Perharps it's a little bit more complicated in Sonic Worlds Delta, but as long as you have a variable having the "XCamera" value NOT following the character and always being added +(the speed you want), you should be able to do this with no problem.

However, this method is if you want to make a level with a limited size. In Lake's case, he pretty much created a code that will loop you back to the beginning of the level when you achieved a certain camera position, giving the Endless Level effect.

This is not hard as well. I've never tried to reproduce it in MMF2, but I think that some unchecks on the "follow the frame" box and good object positioning might make it work. Perharps you should ask Lake himself.

• 1 year later...
hey there, this is a generic small help thread so it seems.

Ever noticed how when you push something in worlds in looks kinda weird? Like, how sonic is far away from the wall before he pushes? I want that fixed, but I'm not sure what to do.

I'm assuming something in around here needs to be changed?

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/6kL8kDg.png[/qimg]

As far as I'm aware, it's because the event starts the moment the edge of the sensor touches the wall. The sensor being about 6 pixels wide means that you get the aforementioned result.

Is there a way to fix it? Yes, make the sensor smaller.

Do you want to do that? No, you'd compromise the collision accuracy.

Workaround: Create a smaller (1x1) sensor for each side (left/right), and rework the push animation code to read the collisions of those sensors. Keep the actual pushing state on the larger ones though, so that the collision doesn't break. Animation can be separated from collision with no problems if handled correctly.

As far as I'm aware, it's because the event starts the moment the edge of the sensor touches the wall. The sensor being about 6 pixels wide means that you get the aforementioned result.

Is there a way to fix it? Yes, make the sensor smaller.

Do you want to do that? No, you'd compromise the collision accuracy.

Workaround: Create a smaller (1x1) sensor for each side (left/right), and rework the push animation code to read the collisions of those sensors. Keep the actual pushing state on the larger ones though, so that the collision doesn't break. Animation can be separated from collision with no problems if handled correctly.

Oh hey there I just realised you answered, sorry about that. I will tell you how it goes when I do it, thanks for the help.

Oh, and I realised (a long time ago) that theres a small sensor for each sensor that appears to have no coding other than to stay near sonic. Think those would work?