A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need to fix sleep habits

ila

Okay ever since I decided to break from school this fall, I've been staying up late on the computer (doesn't help I can access it from the end of my bed) and not sleeping like I should. Eventually I compensated fo rthe lack of sleep by just sleeping during the day, usually from about 6 am to 2pm. That normally worked well for me since I usually work from 5 pm to 11 pm. However lately I've been getting daytime hours that cause me to start at 10 am and thus I need to get to sleep earlier, preferably before midnight. I need some advice so I can hopefully repair my sleep habits, both for work and if I decide to return to college.

As I was writing this I have failed to sleep at all and need to go to work in less than 3 hours.

I had the same problem, though I figured out how to get rid of that habit. The best way to get some sleep is to make yourself totally exhausted :) Like doing some sport instead of being online. Another way is to do something routine and boring (here the PC can help you) or read a tedious book.

These solutions may sound very simple, but they work for me. Especially the first one.

Actually, that's the way I solved my insomniac tendencies; I just exhausted myself and made sure I stayed up until like 1130pm and fell asleep. It's actually kinda cool to have your entire morning still up for grabs. The day seems a lotttt longer.