A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sonic:future(engine needed

toffyflame

Hey!

I see from your profile you're just a kid, and while it is great that someone so young shares an interest in making a fangame, please try to make sure your posts have something of substance to show. The member base here (as Light is showing) can be pretty good at helping out but there is a tinge of tough love as well if you don't really know what you are doing. Since I don't really want to see you run into too much trouble around here I'd like to recommend taking a read through of these rules right here to get a better idea of what is generally expected of members here for maximum enjoyment™ of this board.

• Like 7

Hey!

I see from your profile you're just a kid, and while it is great that someone so young shares an interest in making a fangame, please try to make sure your posts have something of substance to show. The member base here (as Light is showing) can be pretty good at helping out but there is a tinge of tough love as well if you don't really know what you are doing. Since I don't really want to see you run into too much trouble around here I'd like to recommend taking a read through of these rules right here to get a better idea of what is generally expected of members here for maximum enjoyment™ of this board.

what area would i (and other people) go if I haven't started my game at any rate?

Yo Toffy, try using the edit function instead of double posting. And If you don't have enough material to start a thread, there's always the screenshots thread to show what you're working on. I'm also going to be that guy and say that no one is going to join your "collab" team with such low amounts of content to show as threads like these tend to be pretty common and usually not taken seriously. Perhaps when you have more things to show you can make a thread about it again and spark some interest about it. Just something to keep in mind.

Guest Mr Lange

When I locked your last thread toffy, I asked you to make a new one when you had a good plan and some material to show for it. You have made a new thread with nothing more than your last one. You have also put it in the wrong board once again. This is where people ask for help with their fangames, it is not the board where fangames are showcased, hence the names of each board. You have nothing to showcase yet beyond a name. That's not enough for a thread.

what area would i (and other people) go if I haven't started my game at any rate?

You go make some of your game first. There's nothing for you to do no matter where you go if you don't have anything yet.

If you need help making your game, you can create a thread about it here, but you need a good descriptive plan, and should have some concept art or descriptive illustrations. They don't have to be well drawn, as long as they're understandable.

I'm locking this thread too. You're welcome to talk about it through PMs if you like.

Edited by Mr Lange
  • Like 3