A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Any Game of Thrones Fans? [TV / Books]

A.T.

I just finished all 3 seasons of the TV show and now waiting for the 4th Season! I am also currently reading the first book and love it so far! Any other fans out there?

I must say the music in it is also quite incredible as well! :D

It's a good show. My problem with it though is that they're trying to tell an enourmous story throughout just a few episodes. I mean, beats making films out of it of course, but the story tends to get hushed and in some ocasions the story tends to be a bit different here and there Like the Red Wedding which is WAY worst in the book. It's not as bad as Walking Dead though and most of the time the story is consistent with the books. Just wish there were more episodes so you can empathize better with the huge roast of characters. One of the things I do like over the books is that all the characters are a bit older in the TV Show, I mean it's easier to believe on a 17 years old Joffrey than a 12 years old one or a 19 years old Jon Snow instead of a 14 years old one.

Other than that, good show. Great production and actors. The music is pretty great also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zof2kdGrFjQ

• Like 1

I have yet to see that South Park! is that whole episode dedicated to Game of Thrones? 

Yea I heard the Red Wedding was way different, but I haven't read that book yet, it's just I heard people said it was different no details, which I am glad it hasn't been spoiled. 

Problem with making more episodes is that without commercials the episodes are on average 55 minutes long. That's a long screen time and to pay for the costumes, props, effects, ect. is massive. As long as the show remains a hit and top 10 (currently it's rated as the third highest rating, which personally I would make it second and Breaking Bad number 2 rather than that show being #1 but oh well).  There are 10 episodes per season giving it almost a total of 10 hours of screen play which is pretty damn impressive, but with massive books that have detail that plays a role on the show every page I can agree with it's hard to cram that in and not always does it stay smooth.

Rumors are that Season 4 will be taking a bit more turns. I know that the TV show focuses on Tyrian a bit more, which is fine by me since he's like my 4th most favored character - 

Currently my favorite characters would be - 

1. Dany

2, Jon Snow

3. Arya

4. Tyrian

5. Hound (dude with the half burnt face)