A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Willing to help Game Developers

A.T.

Well I was a bit bigger in developing games around 1 - 2 years ago but hey I still have some of the magic. I kinda been missing out on this community lately and I was an early member on this site and I mean early member as in I was here when it was made ;) but anyways I have done various game designing as well as Art and Music development.

I see A LOT of posts about people 'trying' to start the next hit Video-Game but they have nothing to show. I'm willing to help those who ALREADY have something drawn out and sorta developed. What I mean is if you don't have ANY concepts drawn out, no screen caps of current project or not even a dedicated engine then there really isn't much I can do since you have no information that you can supply me with and with no information how can I help  :stare:

But if you do have something already drawn out I might be able to help.  :iamafuckingtool:

I'm NOT going to completely design and develop your game! I will help with some tasks - given that they aren't impossible and extremely time consuming - I will also give pointers and such and help lead you to a successful project so you won't make the same mistake that I have made in my past lost game projects :/

Reason why I'm wanting to do this is to give back to the community that I miss and it would be sick to see something become big or become a successful game that the community built. Also this is all out of the kindness of my heart so please DO NOT pay me hahaha I don't want your money  ahahha 

Now I don't want to come off as some AMAZING, TOP 10 game developer because I am not that hahaha I am just a dude who enjoyed developing games as a hobby and did some minor projects in my past.

Here is the list of programs I have experience in:

• Unity 3D - used to develop my 3D games at which I am best at (I suck at UDK!)
  • Blender
  • AutoDesk 3Ds Max
  • FragMotion
  • RPG Maker (back when I was just a young little game developer around 5+ years ago maybe 8 I don't really know it was a long time ago hahah)
  • Photoshop
  • Corel Painter X3
  • Sony Vegas Pro (been using this for YEARS)
  • Fl Studio (I am a music artist as well :P )
  • Cool Edit Pro (music engineering / producing / editing)
  • and various other programs

I know not all of these are 'game engines' but they all have some important aspect to game development and it's to give some background of various programs that I used so you have an idea of my background and to see if I am of use.

Now for a some images of my works here are some pictures -

Project Blue - my sonic game

YDPegcL.png

F37fM1O.png

zOHLtZ0.png

7vaysaE.png

Random 3D Renders of a Home that I was trying to make some game

E9YXDnC.png

tBweezD.jpg

Music stuff

Check my soundcloud - but of course not ALL of my music is there I am very open and can design / engineer 'almost' any style of music...just takes time

SoundCloud

-

Need something I didn't post? Just post a reply and I will see if I can do it or match it.  Need some pieces of art that I have done? I can post some too!

Haha overall I'm not AMAZING but I think I might be able to help some people :)

-Edit-

Coding languages that I have some experience in but am a little rusty is - 

• C#
  • C++
  • Java
  • Visual Basic
  • and been a security annalist for webpages and such so I have a background in Python and others 
Edited by A.T.
  • Like 3

So me and a friend have a blender game were working on, I have the engine I made if you need to see it. Just need help getting it off the ground.

Sounds interesting! If you have skype message me your name so we can contact each other better. I have only done Modeling and Animating but I can see what I can do! But I want to see what you have drawn out so I can see exactly where you are at with the development :) 

I have never used Blender to make an engine so I don't know how much use I can be at that but I will sure try to help with various other things! 

Oh, you know how to use 3DS Max?  :D

Would you be able to tell me how to join two skinned meshes without screwing up the skinning?  I've got Sonic straight from Generations and his body is split into weird pieces.

I did my meshes within Unity. So with that I can't help you so much with, maybe if you supplied with pictures or something I can help more. Or I can direct you to some where that might be able to help you, but off the top of my head and from the vague question / detail I can't be much of use.

I did my meshes within Unity. So with that I can't help you so much with, maybe if you supplied with pictures or something I can help more. Or I can direct you to some where that might be able to help you, but off the top of my head and from the vague question / detail I can't be much of use.

Ah, mkay.  It'll be a while before I start modeling work again, so I'll come back then with more info.  Oh yeah, I was going to try porting them over to Blender again and see how it fares.  Something was screwed up before but I think that might have been animation import settings...

I'm about to release a Unity Sonic game tech demo video, by the way.  Unity is such a great program.

I've been working on an indie game since august and the engine is about half way done. I've got a topic on it somewhere in this forum. But any way, I'd love it if I could add you to the beta tester list and ask about your opinion on stuff if thats cool.

Thanks for volunteering for stuff like this though man, great to have a resource like this available.

Ah, mkay.  It'll be a while before I start modeling work again, so I'll come back then with more info.  Oh yeah, I was going to try porting them over to Blender again and see how it fares.  Something was screwed up before but I think that might have been animation import settings...

I'm about to release a Unity Sonic game tech demo video, by the way.  Unity is such a great program.

Alright sounds good if you can supply with screen caps or a screen video so I can get a good look I can possibly help figure out the solution. To see others using Unity is great! I think it's the best pre-built gaming engine out there for beginners!

I've been working on an indie game since august and the engine is about half way done. I've got a topic on it somewhere in this forum. But any way, I'd love it if I could add you to the beta tester list and ask about your opinion on stuff if thats cool.

Thanks for volunteering for stuff like this though man, great to have a resource like this available.

Sweet! Let me know once the engine is done! If you need help I can attempt to help out but I would love to test it!

I don't have many sketches of the game myself. But my friend should have many. My skype is "lancegaming". Hopefully I can add you in a chat with my friend and we could start working some on it.

Okay I will get on my skype soon to add you.