A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic And Friends Racing [Sonic R Re-make++] [Need People For Team]

Awhile ago I said I was going to be making a sonic game, little did I know UDK wouldn't work on my computer...

very soon I should be getting upgrades so I can work on the game but of course I'm gonna need help from anyone and everyone that can help, getting a team together to start work on this game

Currently there is only me and I'm primarily a mapper but I'm learning coding during my two year college course, unfortunately this will take up most of my time.

Plans For This Game

In total, I basically wanted to re-make Sonic R how ever I would also want to add more stuff to the game as well and improving problems that were in the original (Stuff like more playable Characters, Maps, Etc)

The first release would come out when Sonic R has been re-made with nothing more added and any later releases would come with additional stuff

What We Need

Like I said I want to get a team together, so we need:

Mappers

Modelers (Characters and Items, Etc)

Animators

Coders

Sound Manager

If you think you can do anything let me know via post or private message

Jumped The Gun...

I made a moddb page awhile ago (Nearly A Year Ago Now!!!) before I knew that UDK wouldn't work... My Bad.... If I had known UDK wouldn't work I would have waited

Thank you for reading :)

Links

Moddb

Um, until you have something more...solid, I don't think anyone would be interested in being a part of it.

Don't get me wrong, it's just that randomly popping out of nowhere asking for help is something inexperienced people tend to do, specially when it comes to Sonic fangames (or fangames in general) and no one likes a leader like that. (Also fangames like this die as fast as a lightning bolt)

and having 2 pictures of chaos emerald models doesn't really prove you're seriously doing this or that you can lead the way, get what I mean?

But that's just me.

I do wish you good luck with this, looks interesting.

Edited by Jassbec

I'm new to this forums so I have no idea what people are working on (let me know if there is any great projects I should check out :P)

if your on about using blender the game engine I'm kinda avoiding that one as I plan to work from an engine already built in UDK (Sonic GDK)

if your on about modelling and animating, blender was my main idea in the first place.

if you can help thank you :)

Eh, I don't like UDK from my experience of using it. I prefer using Unity but with Unity it has a smaller community :| any who if you supply greater amount of information and at least some provided solo work I may join along if there is a decent team involved until then I will just be a little bystander haha. 

• 2 weeks later...