A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Color Shafted for the Android OS

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a while since I posted here, but have been quite caught up with things and sort of lost my focus with fan games. However, since this is basically the only forum I used to go to regularly regarding making video games... and.. here I am still doing it (:tgrin:), figured it would be a nice place to post my first commercial project.

The game is called Color Shafted, and its a reflex-color-matching-based game. I've been working on it for about the last 6 months, although the Game API was built from scratch which took me(well, with job and school and all) about a year. It has all original graphics, music and sound and has quite a few options :tgrin: There are 4 game modes planned but currently there are two that have been programmed so far.

Some screens:

-Gw5PsCcxlrzTvCvZys7QirdmpImSgzSdCIl7Ka1x0lixNhzbejxQlsZDPYCCcsytOY9ITbP4sWh2_LZRRi3BWr0Ij5MVSx0pSAV22d6rdAvqKf1ayPigzDQmPdZsezWLdVkBUqSQZ9ojKDCJ93KEBazGLXCZ02qj0RgkkThyOps1keSuSwN6wQl_YiCrVQWLIU9OGez8QC2Y7rTHDZbDH9jlUDukdle4nTFB0ZGz0neI0_LDzxQWcw9NOsPKJeVR8zGNI0lYTWI

There's a Youtube Video at here

and the game can be found here

I would really appreciate any kind of support(even just a +1 on the Google Play site!) since there's only two people working on this project and it is hard to get word out. A trial mode would help but unfortunately besides finals, I've had to deal with a lot of extra work due to some asshole pirating the BETA :SonicWait2:

Also, of course... if you do happen to get it and have any suggestions -- please let me know!!!

Thanks!

Haha you know man.. I really really want to. Perhaps Windows. It's going to take a huge investment of time though. The problem with porting it to iOS is I don't have an iDevice besides my iPod Nano...

But hey, just to update: it is now free! I decided, if anything when I make the app better with people's feedback I can start putting ads in but right now I guess I need to earn any kind of spot since there are so many apps ;P

So, if anyone wants to check out an app that a fellow SFGHQer has made, please download it. It's no Sonic CD but I can assure you I put in a lot of work over the last half a year or so to make sure its not a waste of your time.

I know you are all good at giving good advice so don't hesitate to let me know how I can improve it :)