A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[MMF2] Palette restriction?

Is there a way to change the palette of the ingame graphics (e.g. restrict the colour count to 4/5)? If I had a global value and the number would determine the colours used, 0 = regular ingame colours, 1 = 256 colours and 2 = Gameboy palette, would that be possible?

I'm not sure if you could *directly* do that, but with some planning of how you use colors, you could replace a range of colors [EG: When variable = 1, set rgb(255, x, x) to rgb(255, 0, 0)].

It'd take a lot of mapping out of colors though. There might be some information online about converting from millions of colors to indexed/256 colors that would be helpful in creating an algorithm.

Well I believe he was hoping for a way to achieve the effect without manually including graphics for every color mode Blazefire. How to do that in MMF2 though? The easiest way that comes to mind is to program some pixel shaders by searching for algorithms like USC mentioned. Otherwise, I think the only other way is to do it as Blazefire said.