A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Mario Eternity

MalcomX

Formally known as PROJECT RED CAP:

65204165.th.png

This is a Super Mario fangame with gameplay elements from Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. It's been under development for a few months on and off.

STORY:

Bowser has yet another plan up his sleeve. After Mario was called to the castle by a letter from Princess Peach, he later finds that bowser has kidnapped Peach again. Bowser is collecting the Power Stars to build his ultimate Star Generator, which has the power to brainwash all the inhabitants of the world. He explains that he will build a bigger and better kingdom where he and Princess Peach will be prime King and Queen of all. It's up to Mario to save the princess, and collect the Power Stars to foil Bowser's plot.

There are 7 planned worlds with 1-3 star missions each.

WORLDS: *=working name

Green Gardens

Underground Caves

Cool Rain Land

Melty Mountain

Cloud Nine*

Airship Doom

Space Station*

SCREENSHOTS:

89254743.th.png

48213507.th.png

14223155.th.png

33175688.th.png

49485612.th.png

DOWNLOAD:

Demo v1 will be available when World 1 and 2 are complete.

The graphics looks ok. I dunno, it's just kinda annoying how every Mario fangame uses then, but that's ok since it's the same with Sonic games...

I don't have much to say about the game itself since I didn't saw much, not even a video. Just some screens with yellow blocks, a attempt to make that Select a Star from Mario Galaxy, and... That's it.

The story looks very Mario-ish, wich is not bad but isn't good either. Another "Peach calls Mario with a letter", "Peach was kidnapped"... I dunno, don't have much to say. Story never was really the biggest thing in Mario games.

And why the hell Toad is calling Mario "Master"? Anyway, I guess it should be a good idea to releases an video or a beta first... I'll keed watching the thread. :) Good luck with the project.

I have to admit, I'm not an expert on fan-games for anything, but I kinda like this. But why not put some sort of twist in the story to replace the letter? What about it being Peach's or Toad's birthday or something? All I'm saying is to put something that other Mario games don't have in a plot.