A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Homing attack with Targeting system.

Hello, I havent been on here for awhile now. But I got some trouble with my game, Or so far with a game.

Im using the genesis engine, And Im having trouble with homing attack and targetting system, Now I had some help with getting the homing and jump dash and all. But when Sonic goes towards the target he keeps going towards the right. Always. I was wondering if I could have some help. Heres the code I got off a friend to help me.

//enemy=instance_nearest(x,y,enemy_basic)
if ( action == action_normal || action == action_jumping || action = action_spring_jump || ((shield == 3 || shield == 4) && action == action_shield)) //if jumping or homing attack bouncing
{
if key_action_pressed && delay=0 && distance_to_object(objEnemy)<50 //If you press 'Z' and are close to an enemy
{
action = action_jumping //change to homing action
sound_play(sndAirAttack) //Play homing sound

//Lock on to nearest enemy (Notice I switch from Damizean's hsp,vsp function to speed and direction then back)
if instance_number(objEnemy)>0
{
if lock=1 && distance_to_object(objEnemy)<50 && objEnemy.y>=y //Go towards enemy
{direction=point_direction(x,y,objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y) speed=5 hsp=0 vsp=0}
else
if lock=1 && speed>0 //Cancel lock (too far away from enemies)
{lock=0 hsp=hspeed vsp=vspeed speed=0}
}
else
if lock=1 && speed>0 //Cancel lock (If no enemies are present)
{lock=0 hsp=hspeed vsp=vspeed speed=0}

//If there is a wall between you and an enemy, stop homing attack (also applies to layers)
if instance_number(objEnemy)>0
{
if collision_line(x,y,objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y,objSolid,1,1) && lock=1
{vsp=0 hsp+=animation_direction*6 lock=0 speed=0}
else
if collision_line(x,y,objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y,objHigh,1,1) && lock=1 && layer=0
else
if collision_line(x,y,objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y,objLow,1,1) && lock=1 && layer=1
else
if collision_line(x,y,objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y,objBridge,1,1) && lock=1
}
}
}

if instance_number(objEnemy)>0 && distance_to_object(objEnemy)<50//Locked on (enemy must be in-line or below Sonic, not above)
{lock=1}
if lock=1 && distance_to_object(objEnemy)<50 && instance_exists(objLock)=0
{instance_create(objEnemy.x,objEnemy.y,objLock)}[/CODE]

Ive had other people check it out and so far NO ONE can figure it out, I sent it back to the guy who gave it to me but I never heard from him after that. And he even says he doesnt have a clue it was something slap together. So please can anyone help me out?

Thanks!