A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Oil Ocean Zone

Scarletdark

No I'm not talking about sonic.

Recently (just in case you haven't already heard) there has been a massive leak of oil from a pipe in the gulf. This has been causing massive problems and it seems BP oil company is in over it's head.

What do you guys think?

Think they will stop the oil?

I largely believe it doesn't even matter. It'll happen again. I remember seeing some news report on the subject of Offshore Drilling a week ago and the viewers were asked to state whether they believed this spill would affect the offshore drilling movement (or something like that). It doesn't matter, because these sorts of things will happen- it's just the nature of the business. All the talk of offshore drilling reducing dependence on foreign oil is crap- it's just a temporary fix. We'd still be dependent upon oil, a resource that is eventually going to run out and ruins the environment/kills animals/destroys livelihoods when this type of thing happens.

My Mom currently works close to the Department of Natural Resources, and she always comes home telling all the freaky things she found out; pelicans entire body coated in oil drowning upside down etc.

This is more than just an oil spill, BP is going Goofy Time on Louisiana's fishing industry, which is pretty fat.

the reason I made a short and comical, but at the same time realistic post is because I'm tired lol

I sent her a video of Oil Ocean Zone on Facebook, she laughed :V

Gulf of Mexico Zone.

bad jokes aside....this issue has gotten way, way, way too far out of hand. I understand how serious it is, and how deep underwater it is, but for what its causing SOMETHING feels like it should have been done by now. You look at videos and its still plowing as much Oil out now as it has been doing since before the fucking spring semester ended.

It really feels like an unfixable issue, really. Even after all the surface water is gone...there is no telling how much ocean life this thing has wiped out already. Its ridiculous.