A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Exblend

Exblend

Sonic Exblend is a new 2.5D adventure starring Classic Sonic! 'Exblend' is short for Extreme Blend since the game will feature elements from both the classic and modern games. The stages will be completely original apart from the first obligatory Green Hill, and I'm composing the music. You can hear a demo track of the first stage theme, Green Canyon. Any negative feedback is appreciated and welcome. Also note that I'm not trying to make it exactly like the classic games this time, but similar. 

Old video before improvements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OrNBXCzrTes

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b9m0gpgljctbr3z

• Like 1

Nice project so far.

What game development program / engine are you using?

I would suggest increasing the gravitational pull so sonic falls down fast/smoother as well as making his jump smoother.

For the music I suggest adding drums. I too am a musician and do Sonic the Hedgehog music and many other types.

Need any advice or pointers I'm here to help, but overall your project is looking nice!

I'm developing a Sonic fan game as well. I haven't been working on it as much but here is a link to my thread HERE

• Like 1

Nice project so far.

What game development program / engine are you using?

I would suggest increasing the gravitational pull so sonic falls down fast/smoother as well as making his jump smoother.

For the music I suggest adding drums. I too am a musician and do Sonic the Hedgehog music and many other types.

Need any advice or pointers I'm here to help, but overall your project is looking nice!

I'm developing a Sonic fan game as well. I haven't been working on it as much but here is a link to my thread HERE

Thank you and thanks for the tips. I'm using Unity.

I'm impressed. It looks great for something that's so early in development. I'm not sure if it's your screen recorder or not, but the game itself looks rather slow? The movement could do with being sped up a bit.

Regardless, I'll try out the demo later this evening.

• Like 1

Lookin' solid, Exblend! But the physics looked very off. I'd advise you review this: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Physics_Guide

That guide is great, don't get me wrong, but it only details variable values and how quickly Sonic accelerates and decelerates, etc. Calculating friction and coding momentum algorithms has to be done on your own. Also that video is using old physics code. Try out the demo and let me know what you think. :)