A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A tip for new members - someone sticky this

In order to obtain help with your game, you need evidence you're actaully going to work on it, such as a demo or a screenshot. Otherwise we don't know if, A. We're working on a game thats never going to happen, B. Doing all the work for you, or C. Some other third thing.

So please, you need PROOF, which is in the pudding, and since there is no pudding avalible on account of I ate it all, you need to bring your own.

Thank you for reading, and thank Rael for informing me that there wasn't a topic like this already.

I'm not sure if you're an old member that took a long vacation and I've been unknown to your existance all the while, or perhaps an older member under a new alias, or heck, you may even be just new to SFGHQ with impaired visions of superiority and a horrible past reputation. Either way, you seem misguided as to how SFGHQ works.

First off, you're creating your own rules for the members to abide by, and interesting rules at that. Moderators create the rules, and at the moment we have restrained from this in hope to create a much more laid back atmosphere around the board, this doesn't give you any right to do so instead. What intruiges me more is your attempt to spark rules we have never even enforced previously. Members have never needed proof of a project in order to obtain assistance with it, your presence doesn't and never will alter this, they may still request help with or without the so called 'pudding' you speak of.

Second, 'someone sticky this'. Demanding a moderator to sticky some new profound rule of yours just isn't a good idea, especially when they are as awful as this. I've studied it for several minutes, trying my best to derive a use, I struggled. Eventually I backed away from what was a mountainous challenge and decided it was merely a grasp for power, nothing more. There is so little benefit I even pondered for but a moment on what you might have meant, that maybe you failed to express your idea in a logical manner understandable by others and were actually presenting us with something that could actually enhance the community. Did my pondering prevail? It did not, so if I am mislead in anyway as to what the initial plans were, PM me.

Otherwise, no.

To form a team or ask for people to make a whole slew of sprites or an engine is when you'd be required to show proof...some sort of demo, like you said. But to obtain just any help for a project? Not at all. Only large requests require proof of a game in the works. Simple questions and requests do not.